COVID-19 and Body Freedom Spa & Clinic
From 1st June 2020, we are open for all treatments and will be operating from Monday to Saturday.
We are fortunate that we have always regarded the hygiene of the premises and team to be of utmost importance. It does help when the founder of Body Freedom is a registered nurse.
What we do on the regular
- All therapists are trained on medical hand washing techniques as part of training and are assessed before seeing clients. Hands, forearms and elbows are all included in the washing technique before and after every treatment
- Drying of hands using disposable paper towel
- All our laundry is externally washed in a hospital grade laundry facility (yes it costs a huge amount per month and the linen bags are enormous per day)
- New linen for every client
- Regular sanitising of bathrooms and public areas
- Daily cleaning of the Retreat
What we’re doing in addition
- Hand sanitiser at reception and waiting area
- Hand washing signs of how to effectively wash hands. Soap and water and disposable towel is always best
- Removing magazines from reception
- Disposable paper water cups (sorry environment .. biodegradable)
- Sanitising of door handles, banisters and common areas on a very regular basis
- Sanitising the face cradles and arm rests on our treatment beds in between each client
- Sanitising EFTPOS between users
- For the immuno compromised individuals, we will be developing some home care treatments and consultation through FaceTime. Stay tuned through our Instagram and Facebook. We will get through this together and we look forward to supporting you with wellness initiatives if you are unable to make it into the spa.
What you can be doing
- If you don’t feel well; coughing, sneezing, flu-like symptoms, please do not come to the clinic.
- Please wash your hands frequently, for 20 seconds with soap.
- Please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, mouth unless you have just sanitised your hands.
- Please bring a hanky.
- Please cover your nose/mouth when coughing/sneezing – use your hanky, tissue, bent elbow over the fabric.
- Please use hand sanitiser frequently.